Buy Oakley Breathless Sunglasses for £94.99 that is an amazing £35.01 off the RRP!
These sunglasses have an ultra light frame with polarised lenses that give optimised peripheral vision.
- Unique feminine frame
- Ultra-lightweight hi-modulus C-5™ frame material
- Sculpturally detailed hinge with metal icons and handmade Acetate stems
- Optimised peripheral view and side coverage of Polaric Ellipsoid™ lens geometry
- Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Impact resistance that meets basic impact standards
- UV protection that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
Get these Oakley Breathless Sunglasses for less than £95 >
Find Women’s sunglasses from other discounted designers >
You don’t have to pay a fortune for your prescription sunglasses. It is possible to get a fantastic pair of designer sunglasses at discounted prices that also include your prescription lenses.
If you think you are stuck to getting your prescription sunglasses from you opticians think again. All you have to do is find the designer brand and style you like and then add your prescription and off you go!
Try looking at Ray Ban Clubmaster sunglasses they are unisex; made of plastic and metal; available with polarized lenses and give your eyes the UVA and UVB protection they need.
Zac Efron star of 17 Again wore a pair of Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses in the film. The style name is Ray Ban RB 3025 and the pair worn in the film had a gold (arista) frame with gray polarized lenses.
The Ray Ban RB 3025 is a classic aviator design, it is unisex so will appeal to men and women. The sunglasses are available with mirrored, polarized, gradient and prescription ready lenses as well coming in 3 sizes small, medium and large.
Polarised sunglasses reduce glare and increase contrast sensitivity. Sportsmen and women began wearing them decades ago, but today they are worn by anyone wanting quality sun protection for their eyes.
Light becomes polarised when it hits a surface. This is where the photons in the light all vibrate in one direction instead of random directions. When this happens it causes the ‘glare’ reflected from the surface, a car window for example; this glare distorts the colour of objects therefore making them harder to see.
Polarised sunglasses work in a similar way to a venetian blind, the blind blocks light from certain angles while still allowing light from other angles to filter through. The lenses filter out some of the reflected glare and allow other light waved to pass through to your eyes. A polarising lens works when it is positioned at a 90 degree angle to the source of the glare. Polarised sunglasses are designed to filter horizontal light and are mounted vertically in the frame; they are aligned carefully so that they properly filter the light waves.
The polarised lenses need to have some colour as it is not possible to polarize light without colour. The darker the colour the higher the level of polarization. You need to choose the colour of your lenses depending on the reason you are wearing them, each colour affects vision in different ways.
- Gray – transmits all colours evenly. It is good for everyday use. Especially good for use around the sea where the water tends to be blue in colour.
- Brown – improves contrast and depth perception so is good for driving. Light brown is good for use on overcast days and is popular with the fashion conscious as brown is flattering to the face.
- Red – mainly used for sports in bright and sunny places.
- Orange and Yellow – filter out blue light and increase contract sensitivity, perfect for driving on a cloudy day.
- Green – keeps a good balance among the colours of light and is popular with tennis players and golfers.
- Blue – allows a large amount of blue light to filter through so is good for partly cloudy weather.
- Copper – provides maximum contrast, so it is best for any activity where good vision is important.
Many designers have a polarised range of sunglasses; please see below for a selection of the main designers.
Top Russian tennis player Elena Dementieva prefers to wear Maui Jim sunglasses on and off the court. With excellent UVA/UVB/UVC protection combined with top performance they are the prefect choice for any budding tennis player. You do not have to play tennis to wear these stylish sunglasses; the durability and style make them the perfect choice for walking around town as well as sitting on the beach. All Maui Jim sunglasses block 100% UV up to 400nm.
These superb Serengeti Vittoria sunglasses are on offer for just £102.40, which is £25 less than the RRP. There are a number of lens options including:
- With its versatile brown lens, the Drivers Polarized lens performs under cloudy and harsh light conditions. Plus, you get the added protection of the Serengeti polarizing technology.
- The 555nm Polarized lens maximizes greens and yellows for high contrast and clarity, and combats glare with premium polarizing technology. Ideal for all bright light conditions.
- The Drivers brown-colored lens is ideal for driving, because it adjusts to the changing light conditions that are inevitably encountered on the road.
Bearing a sense of style as big and bold as the technology within, the Serengeti Cosmopolitan sunglasses lend an air of sophistication to all those who don them. A quick trip to the store. A long weekend in the country. These sunglasses seamlessly and fashionably fit into any situation.
Click here to see more discounted Serengeti sunglasses>
Please note that all prices and offers are correct at time of posting but please check these are still accurate once you have reached purchase screen.